Job Position: Fresh Meat Associate
- Application Deadline:
- Employment Type: Part time
- Location(s): Burlington, Hamilton
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
● Must be comfortable working with meat (Beef, Pork, Chicken and Seafood).
● Experience working with equipment such as a grinder, power saw, slicer and/or tenderizer is an
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the
● Strong customer service skills are required.
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
● Assists customers in the selection of cuts of meat, and other products sold at the meat counter.
● Weighs, prices and wraps products selected by customers.
● Monitor quality of product and report any concerns to the Department Head.
● May use slicers, saws, knives and tenderizers.
● Assists in the end of day clean up and storage of meats for the Meat Counter
● Assists in the stocking of the self service counter of vacuum packed meat and kitchen items
and ensures proper product rotation.
● May prepare special orders for customers.
● Ensures that the Meat Counter area and meat coolers are safe, clean, sanitary and visually
● May assist with Curbside orders.
● Other duties as directed by Store Management.
Essential Job Functions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
● Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
● Bend and lift loads, up to 50 pounds.
● Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
● Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
About Our Company:
has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing
plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand
picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive
in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
What We Offer
● A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
● Associate training focused on developing practical skills
● Flexible work schedules, posted 2 weeks in advance
● Career advancement opportunities
● Competitive wages
● Employee Recognition Program
● 20% Staff discount across all locations
● 50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
● Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)