On This Page:
Goodwill helps employers with a variety of uniquely tailored services including recruitment, interviews, pre-screening, accessing incentives, and job fairs.
We are funded by Service Canada, Employment Ontario, and Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. All of our services are free.
Tailored assessments help save recruitment time and reduce turnover. Let our employment services team select from over 200 pre-employment and digital skills assessments to suit your business needs. Assessments include Word, Excel, Clerical, Accounting, etc.
Our employment services team will provide for you the following:
- Send you only pre-qualified candidates that are chosen based on your job requirements
- Design and deliver standardized assessments that will assist you in selecting the most suitable candidates
- Utilize the latest technology to assess each individual’s skills and abilities for data entry, computer software, customer service, and many more
Contact Goodwill for Employment Assessments:
Financial incentives will help you support your hiring and training needs. We can assist in the following areas:
- Finding reliable candidates
- Pre-screening candidatesAccess to wage incentives to offset on-the-job training costs
- Assistance in the creation of job descriptions and training plans
- Post-employment follow-up to ensure satisfaction
- Advice and information on your obligations as an employerAccess to job fairs and hiring events
Contact Goodwill for Wage Incentives:
Skills Advance Ontario (SAO) – Food Manufacturing
This program provides an opportunity for employers to hire trained professionals for their food manufacturing companies.
If you are an employer looking for job-ready employees with federally recognized certifications from Food Processing Skills Canada, the Skills Advance Ontario candidates might be right for you.
Skills and Training Provided
- Introduction to food processing and sanitation
- Standard operating procedures
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Contact Goodwill for SAO:
Canada Ontario Job Grant
This program provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with financial assistance from the government. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Grant Details and Requirements
- Up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs
- An employer contribution of a minimum of one-third of the total costs. There may be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs
- Training must be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer
Contact Goodwill for the Canada Ontario Job Grant: