Job Position: AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC
- Application Deadline:
- Employment Type: Part Time and Full Time Availability
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To perform the daily maintenance of all vehicles as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or designate; or in their absence, be responsible for the repair and maintaining of vehicles in a timely manner.
• Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Must be physically capable of using heavy tools and equipment, working outdoors in adverse weather condition, and working evening, night, and weekend shifts.
• Must possess a valid ‘S’ mechanic’s licence.
• Must possess a valid ‘G’ driver’s licence.
• WHMIS training
• Inspect, diagnose faults, adjust, repair, remove, install:
o Transmissions, differentials, brakes, axles, drive shafts, and other assemblies.
o steering mechanisms and suspension systems.
o ignition starting and charging systems, panel instruments, wiring and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
o fuel systems.
o air conditioning systems.
o hydraulic systems, components, and controls.
• Perform engine tune-ups.
• Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections in accordance with company standards, policies and guidelines,
• Perform on-road service and repair or vehicle retrieval.
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Maintenance Supervisor or designate.
• Responsible to comply with the policies of the company with respect to rules, regulations, and safe working practices as adopted by DARTS and the HSR.
• Responsible for reporting any health and safety concerns, hazards, and injuries to the Maintenance Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining a work area that is free from obstruction and that does not hinder the health and safety of themselves or fellow employees.
• Complete all paperwork as required (MTO, PM, Vehicle carry over sheet, timecards, and work orders)
• Generate work orders in OPS computer software
• Responsible for compliance with Section 28 of the OHSA.
• Advise Maintenance Supervisor or designate of any maintenance issues or recurring problems
RATE OF PAY: As per Collective Agreement.
This position description is a general description and shall not be construed as a detailed position description. Any other duties that are consistent with the position factors shall be performed in conjunction with the position.
About Our Company:
DARTS is a door-to-door transportation service employing wheelchair accessible buses, vans, MVs and contracted taxi services when appropriate. DARTS works under contract to Accessible Transportation Services (ATS), a department of the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR). ATS is responsible for the overall delivery of specialized transit services to the citizens of Hamilton and registration for DARTS must be made through ATS. DARTS service is available to persons with disabilities who are unable to access regular transit service. The service is also available to qualified residents of other municipalities while they are visiting the City of Hamilton.
DARTS is a shared ride service. Working together will make the shared ride service successful.
DARTS is a leader in providing specialized transit for a safe and accessible community.
DARTS is committed to providing a safe, high-quality, cost effective and customer-focused accessible transportation service.