Job Position: LOGISTIC SPECIALIST
- Application Deadline:
- Employment Type: Part Time and Full Time Availability
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide daily dispatching of drivers and scheduling trips for clients. Provide assistance and guidance as required for the day-to-day operation of the company.
Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Must possess an excellent understanding of the geographical layout of the city for assigning trips.
Must have the ability to work as a team player.
Must possess computer knowledge at an excellent level including Windows and data entry skills.
Must have the ability to handle multiple phone lines.
Must have excellent customer service skills, communication skills, pleasant telephone manner, problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
• Responsible for opening up first thing in the morning and closing the operation during appropriate shift., starting up the computer; uploading sub-contractor information into computer; check schedules; and enter any changes to schedules. This includes cancellation of trips, add ons, and transfers.
• Responsible to hand out vehicle keys, to drivers as they begin their shift and troubleshoot where required.
• Respond to driver texts throughout scheduled shift
• Schedule same day trip requests.
• Review schedules for productivity and re-schedule violated trips, in advance and on the day of service.
• Monitor driver lunches, breaks and all other relevant trip information into the computer.
• Expected to perform trips with actual times and ticket information.
• Support dispatch supervisor and/or designate by informing of all impending scheduling problems.
• Forward client complaints to Passenger Services Department and/or Accessible Transportation Services (ATS).
• Relay messages for all office staff and drivers.
• Responsible for reporting any health and safety concerns, hazards, and injuries to management and or JHSC member in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining a work area that is free from obstruction and that does not hinder the health and safety of themselves or fellow employees.
• Record absenteeism from work on the Start Time sheets and enter into OPS.
• Contact drivers to cover shifts as required.
• Assign vehicles to drivers as required.
• Answering all phone calls during shift.
• Responsible for coordinating the response for all emergency situations related to drivers and/or clients. Contact appropriate supervisor and emergency services (911).
• Function rotation is required in the dispatch area and dependant on operational needs.
• All other duties as assigned
RATE OF PAY: As per Collective Agreement.
About Our Company:
DARTS is a door-to-door transportation service employing wheelchair accessible buses, vans, MVs and contracted taxi services when appropriate. DARTS works under contract to Accessible Transportation Services (ATS), a department of the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR). ATS is responsible for the overall delivery of specialized transit services to the citizens of Hamilton and registration for DARTS must be made through ATS. DARTS service is available to persons with disabilities who are unable to access regular transit service. The service is also available to qualified residents of other municipalities while they are visiting the City of Hamilton.
DARTS is a shared ride service. Working together will make the shared ride service successful.
DARTS is a leader in providing specialized transit for a safe and accessible community.
DARTS is committed to providing a safe, high-quality, cost effective and customer-focused accessible transportation service.