Job Position: Machine Operator
- Application Deadline: July 19, 2023
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Dundas
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Knowledge of general Production Procedures
• Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Ability to use inspection tools such as Vernier, micrometer, dial gauge, height gauge and probe
• Strong interpretation and knowledge of geometric tolerancing
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Strong Attention to Detail skills
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment as well as individually
• Excellent at performing multiple tasks for getting things done
Key Education Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a CNC Machinist, using 3 or 5 axis vertical and horizontal CNC Machines
• Experience operating EDM Machines is an asset
• Certificate of qualification as a General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker is an asset
• Experience with Fanuc and Heidenheimer controls is an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel) is required
• Experience in implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and understanding of 5S principles is an asset
• Interpret standard procedures and engineering drawings to determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, operational sequences and setup requirements.
• Set-up and operate all CNC and EDM machines with minimal supervision while maintaining quality and safety standards.
• Operate a variety of 3 or 5 axis CNC milling and grinding machines with Fanuc and Heidenhaim based controls.
• Verify dimensions of parts and tools using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, Vernier’s calipers, height gauges or other specialized measuring instruments.
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing machine errors.
• Perform required PM checks daily as required and closely monitor machines for signs of problems.
• Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to supervisor.
• Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
• Communicate with supervisors, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues. Providing technical advice to colleagues on processes, tolling and set up.
• Keep machines and surrounding work space clean while maintaining a safe organized work environment.
• Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with the Liburdi ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
• Required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Liburdi is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Web Site Address: www.liburdi.com
Number of Positions: 5
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Number: TE11022021
Please quote the above Reference Number in the subject line of your email