Job Position: Cashier
- Application Deadline:
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Burlington, Hamilton
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the
● Strong customer service skills are required.
● Basic math skills are required.
● Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
● Ability to work under pressure.
● Scan items into the Point of Sale scanner to determine how much a customer owes
Denninger’s for their purchase.
● Collect payment for the customer purchase.
● Ensures that customers are processed through the checkout in a friendly, courteous and
● Informs Department Head of all items that are not scanning properly.
● Ensures that the checkout area is kept clean and stocked at all times.
● Bags and boxes groceries or Bistro items.
● May perform pickups or day end cash balancing as required.
● General housekeeping (sweeping, mopping, restroom maintenance).
● May assist with Curbside orders.
● All other duties as directed by Store Management.
Essential Job Functions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
● Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
● Bend and lift loads, up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
● Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
● Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
About Our Company:
has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing
plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand
picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive
in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
What We Offer
● A rewarding and fun work atmosphere
● Associate training focused on developing practical skills
● Flexible work schedules, posted 2 weeks in advance
● Career advancement opportunities
● Competitive wages
● Employee Recognition Program
● 20% Staff discount across all locations
● 50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
● Perks Program (Monthly Super Staff Discounts, Goodlife Discount, Perkopolis and more)
● Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
● Employee Assistance Program
● Access to 24/7 virtual health care
● Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)