Hamilton and Halton, 26 January 2024 –
Nominations are invited from eligible individuals wishing to serve on the Goodwill Board for 2024-2027 (3-year term).
Please download and complete the Nomination Form and submit via either:
Attention: Secretary of the Board
Goodwill, The Amity Group
225 King William Street Hamilton Ontario L8R 1B1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Member Nomination Criteria
Goodwill, The Amity Group Board Development Committee will review a number of relevant factors when considering applicants for possible nomination as Board members. This year, the skills and attributes expressly sought include:
- Equity Deserving Communities and Lived Experience
- Commercial Real Estate
We are also committed to continuously evolving our Board to reflect the diversity of our communities.
Directors function within a strategic governance framework focused primarily on setting broad policy and strategic direction.
Directors work as part of a team, contributing reasoned opinions and supporting decisions reached by the group.
Directors must be in a position to commit time to Board work and potentially to serving on Committees or Working Groups, as well as to represent Goodwill at the Power of Work Awards and other events as required.
Goodwill, The Amity Group Board members should be prepared to participate in:
- a minimum of five scheduled Board meetings per year. More are occasionally required. Regular Board Meetings take place from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Wednesdays, often at our King William Street office in Hamilton. Occasionally these meetings are virtual, via the Teams or Zoom platform.
- a day-long Board retreat at least once every two years.
- other organizational events/functions (approximately two a year)
Some Directors also serve on the Board Development Committee, which oversees the governance systems of Goodwill, The Amity Group, coordinates Board training, and is responsible for recruiting and onboarding new Board Directors.
It is expected that Directors will also participate in fund development activities, including making a donation, introducing Goodwill to their networks, and if possible, opening doors for staff to pursue donations and partnerships.