Job Position: Houseperson
- Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton
- Salary: Salary to be determined based on experience
- Resume submission email address: email@example.com
• Excellent work ethic; must be honest and work well with others.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and theories normally acquired in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and relevant work experience.
• A thorough understanding of customer service
• Marriott or hotel chain working experience is an asset however, extensive training will be provided.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbally and/or non-verbally) to guests andAssociates.
• Self-starter and great disposition.• Professional appearance and positive attitude.
• Willing to “pitch-in”, support co- workers and a team player.
• Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand or walk for extended periods of time. Note: Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Anticipate guest needs is a definite asset.
• Understanding of instructions from supervisor(s) and Management
• Empty room attendant carts of soiled linens and replenish as required.
• Empty and dispose of garbage and trash receptacles in and around property.
• Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, elevators, hallways and public space.
• Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, foyers, public space.
• Flip mattresses and move furniture in guest rooms and public space as requested by supervisor.
• Assist with meeting and event space set up and tear down.
• Ensure all health and safety cleaning is performed to meet local, regional, provincial and federal guidelines including additional pandemic cleaning.
• Report deficiencies and communicate to supervisor as required.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Located within a reasonable commute to the intersection of Upper James and the Link and able to provide their own transportation to/from the hotel
• Passionate about people
• Quick to learn
• A hospitality professional with previous Marriott, Housekeeping, or another related hotel experience
• Dependable, reliable, and detail-oriented
• Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and delivery of high moral and ethical principles.• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys work that requires change, new direction, can take on staff responsibilities and duties as needed.
• Goal-oriented — enjoys a challenge, thrives on results.
• Independent – can work with little or no direction and well in a team environment.
• Innovative – thinks “out of the box”, is creative.
• Thrives in a high-pressure environment.
About Our Company:
Accommodation will be provided for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact the hiring manager as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
Our team of associates places the spirit of hospitality in every moment for our valued guests
Provide experiences that are authentically local of unmatched presence with reliable service by our associates that are truly engaging
Caring * Integrity * Service Excellence * Community
Building Outstanding Overall Satisfaction Together!