Job Position: Maintenance Mechanic
- Application Deadline: 12th February 2023
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Smithville
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
• Relevant manufacturing experience
• Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
• Al least 2+ years experience of proven capacity or formal education in a related field (Manufacturing, Millwright, Engineering, etc)
• Strong mechanical and technical understanding
• Ability to deal with uncertainty; troubleshooting skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Basic electrical experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
• Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
• Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is in our Maintenance shop as a Maintenance Mechanic. This position is a Full Time, Permanent role.
*12 Hour continental rotating shifts. Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7am to 7pm, rotating biweekly
Responsibilities and Duties
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
• Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
• Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
• works to improve machine efficiency, reduce scrap, and improve quality of our Product and Processes
• Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
• Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
• Management of parts inventory
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
• Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
• Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
About Our Company:
The evolution of a great company continues with the introduction of new products, sizes and configurations for an ever changing market. With 7 patents in more than 20 countries, we are recognized by our customers as innovative and customer focused.