Job Position: Quality Technician
- Application Deadline: 3rd September 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Smithville
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of colour
• Ability to see details and quickly compare similarities and differences
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
• Experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance
• Food manufacturing experience an asset
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of HACCP/SQF or SFI an asset
• Experience with computer systems/Microsoft Office/Cognex In-Sight an asset
• Degree or diploma in Science related field
What will help you perform the job?
• Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
• Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
• Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
The Quality Technician will be responsible for the inspection of both work in process and finished products.
• Entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written and/or electronic form (quality inspections, specification measurements, etc.)
• Supporting production with the creation and distribution of quality and food safety related documentation (i.e., work instructions, quality, food safety, and production related forms, quality and safety alerts)
• Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Observing and providing training for quality and food safety related tasks such as food safety and quality checks, product changeovers, cleaning and sanitization
• Inspecting and auditing process and products to verify compliance within standards
• Following production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and food safety
• Ensuring the examination of all production quality documents since the previous shift and ensuring any concerns are addressed appropriately
• Collaborating with production in order to seek continuous quality improvement
• Collecting and keeping retained samples from the lines when appropriate
• Working closely with personnel from production on a daily basis to guarantee the compliance of the quality checks
• Recording good movement on company inventory system (e.g., adjusting stock, placing product on hold, releasing/transferring product in system based on disposition)
• Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company standards or regulations
• In case of issues or defects, working with the production team and other supporting departments to determine and implement corrective actions to avoid the reoccurrence of defects
*12-Hour Bi-weekly rotating continental shifts (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM). Overtime and On Call may be required. The ideal candidate would be able to work the full continental rotating schedule.
About Our Company:
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more