Job Position: Machine Operator-Packer
- Application Deadline: 22nd December 2021
- Employment Type: Part Time and Full Time Availability
- Location(s): Smithville
- Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Previous Machine Operation experience is essential
• Great attitude and ability to work in a team environment is mandatory
• Self-starter and ability to prioritize
• Solid understanding of a production environment required
• Mechanically inclined persons with an understanding of troubleshooting processes are desired
• Good hand eye coordination, and ability to work at a fast pace
• Clear written and verbal communication
• Ability to use a computer
• Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices
• Perform changeover of applicable equipment and provide accurate detail to mechanics regarding
• Identify quality issues or concerns and bring these to the attention of the Lead Hand, Shift
Supervisor and/or Production Manager for appropriate action
• Package all good quality tab lids created by machine
• Ensure tags and labels of products match to ensure proper products are being sent to customers
• Function as a packaging team member with additional equipment setup and troubleshooting
• Ensure equipment is running at the correct run rates
• In conjunction with Maintenance, diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic problems
and expedite repairs
• Continually develop skills and progress to increasingly more complex maintenance tasks
• Follow acceptable industry practices to develop basic electrical and strong mechanical
• Key Player in training future new team members on equipment set-up and basic troubleshooting
• Support team members to deliver expected business results
• Perform additional duties as required
• Lead/and or participate in process improvement initiatives.
*Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – 7PM-7AM (36 hours total – Full Time)
*Friday 11PM-7AM and Saturday 7PM-7AM and Sunday 7PM-11PM (24 hours total – Part Time)
Interested candidates should indicate their shift preference when applying.
Purpose of the Role:
Our Press Operators are responsible for operating press machinery to punch out paper Ice Cream Lid products according to customer specifications and packing completed product into boxes to send out to our customers.
What will help you perform the job?
• Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
• Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses,
steel toed boots/shoes).
• Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
About Our Company:
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!