Job Position: Warehouse Worker FT
- Application Deadline: 28th February 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton,Mount Hope
- Compensation: $19.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sierra Cold – Hamilton Immediate Manager Title:
Office Manager Position type: Hourly Environment:
Cold Chain Regular Hours: Start and finish times will vary each day depending on workload, so flexibility is a must. Business hours are Monday – Sunday 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Forklift Driver Certification (Valid) is preferred.
• Warehouse or Forklift Experience is an asset. Language Skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Fluent in English.
• Ability to lift upwards of 50lbs.
• Solid organization and time management skills.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to work in cool/cold temperatures.
• Thrives in a team environment.
• A demonstrated capacity and interest in learning and developing.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Shipping Procedures Knowledge
• Accuracy & Attention to Detail
• Organizational Skills
• Occupational Health & Safety
• Communication Skills
The purpose of the Warehouse Worker is to ensure receiving and loading the trucks accurately and on time ensuring following all safety regulations and company procedures.
Accountabilities and Detailed Activity:
Order Fulfillment: Accurately & Timely
• Orders are done accurately and in a timely manner.
• Receive, check, order pick, and load items.
• Pulling and preparing product for shipment making sure that the product comes from the proper locations and the lot numbers agree to the picking documents.
• Efficiently move product from the staging or storage areas into trailers.
• Accurately select and check orders.
• Operate a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count merchandise.
GMP & Safety Compliance
• Always follow OHSA, WHMIS and MSDS regulations and guidelines.
• Ensure a safe working environment utilizing consistent practice of health and safety procedures following all company GMPs and SOPs.
Inventory Inspection & Count
• Checking all shipments for damage, infestation, and production code dates.
• Report shortages, damages, and misplacements.
• Do physical counts of inventory and maintain accurate records.
• Counting all product, comparing counts to the driver’s manifest.
Shipping Procedures Compliance
• Adhere to safe shipping, receiving and transfer practices and follow and adhere to company guidelines on safe work practices.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record, ensuring that you arrive for shifts on time and prepared to work.
• Demonstrate flexibility as production needs change.
Learning New Skills
• Demonstrate an interest an apt for learning new skills in relation to growth opportunities with Sierra.
• Ask to learn about new skills related to production, leadership for continual improvement.
• Self-Assess if you require additional training on procedures.
About Our Company:
An integral part of the value offering for our clientele is the Sierra Custom Foods Facility. Created in 2012 this facility provides value added solutions for poultry, beef and pork. The service offerings include blast freezing; tempering; grinding; sizing; slicing; trimming; et al. Our clients demand for these services continues to evolve and expand. Value added solutions for our clients are key to the success of this business unit.