Job Position: Metal Welder
- Application Deadline: 20th October 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Oakville
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Must have minimum 3 years of working experience in metalwork, metal fitting & or mechanical assembly
• Ability to interpret technical drawings of metalwork mechanical assemblies
• Must be flexible to work extra hours when needed (overtime)
• Experience using basic hand & power tools including drills, drill press, impact driver, glue gun & tape measure
• Welding experience & certification is considered a strong asset
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently
• Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Must be able to read and write in English
• Fall arrest and Scissor lift training is an asset
• Building, construction, or sign industry experience preferred
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environmentAcademic Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CWB Tickets for steel and aluminum welding are considered a strong asset
• On-the-job experience
• A work history reflecting successfully finished projects
• Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
• Experienced in the use of machinery while adhering to all safety protocols
• Ability to execute basic welding techniques
• Ability to read and follow a product data-sheet, specs sheet, and other product informational material
• Familiarity with welding equipment and workshop safety protocols
• Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as needed
The Metal Welder will be reporting to the Plant Supervisor. This opportunity is responsible for setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using a hammer operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts (steel and aluminum) inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. The perfect candidate would have a steady hand and a keen eye for information.The primary responsibilities and duties include; but are not limited to:
• Fabrication, fitting, and welding of extrusion, tubular, pipe, and sheet metal in both aluminum and steel.
• Fabricate new metal components in accordance with product data sheets and in compliance with all applicable standards of safety and performance.
• Repair metal components in order to restore full functionality and safety performance.
• Solve problems and develop innovative solutions to novel situations that require a fresh approach while still maintaining required standards of safety, stability, and security.
• Maintain tools and equipment to a professional standard. Keep the workstation clean and orderly to retain a safe and operational work environment.
• Coordinate workflow with other members of the team and third-party agents.
• Execute particular welds in a professional manner, examine workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Work independently or with a small team of other welders to complete large and complex projects. Manage workflow, meet deadlines, and troubleshoot problems on a daily basis, in addition to fabrication duties.
• Other metalwork duties as assigned.
• Employ physical strength and endurance to complete all welding tasks.
• Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Physical labor work
• Lifting or moving boxes up to 50 lbs. may be required.
• Time management
• Memory recall