Job Position: Marketing and Communications Strategist
- Application Deadline: 22nd October 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton/ Hybrid (work from home)
- Compensation: $22.00 to $24.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Be a Newcomer to Canada (landed in Canada within the last 5 years)
• Be a Permanent resident of Canada or Canadian Citizen or a person for whom refugee protection has been bestowed under the Immigration Refugee and Protection Act, and be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Be a resident of Ontario, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, or Alberta, Canada
• Is unemployed or underemployed at the time of the application
• Have ability to commit to complete the six-month program
• Hold a Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
• Have a Language level CLB7 or higher.
• Pursuing or completed degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or related field.
• Work experience in digital marketing, particularly within the education industry.
• Experience in animation & Adobe Suite.
Technical Skills Required
• Proficient in graphical programs including Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Canva Premium.
• Solid knowledge of website and social media analytics tools.
• Knowledgeable about leading and managing SEO, marketing databases, email, social media and other display advertising campaigns.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Soft Skills Required
• Extremely competent at written and verbal communication.
• Understands target audience/customers.
• Excellent planning and coordination skills.
• Highly creative in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
• Efficient problem solving, team work and organization skills.