Job Position: Kitchen Steward
- Application Deadline:
- Employment Type: Part time/ Full Time
- Location(s): Oakville
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Maintain sanitation and cleanliness of all areas of the dish room, kitchen aisle, and dock area.
* Break down trays, set up dish machine, wash dishware, and sort and store all clean china, glass and silver using proper procedures.
* Empty trashcans and wash inside and outside.
* Thoroughly clean dock area and dumpster.
* Break down dish machine and clean inside and outside.
* Clean all breakdown tables.
* Clean tile walls and baseboards.
* Prepare and set-up staff meal, ensuring to maintain/ server food at the correct temperature
* Ensure attractive set up/presentation of buffet/menu items as applicable and serve menu items observing portion control as advised by the direct supervisor.
* Courteously ensure clearing of tables by each employee with proper stacking of items to minimize breakage and alerting the supervisor on duty to any team member showing disrespect for the staff area.
* Return unused food to the kitchen ensuring disposal or storage of items as instructed by the supervisor and in accordance with safe food handling/storage practices.
* Carry out wash-up for the staff cafeteria.
* Ensure wiping down of tables, disposing of garbage and completion of cleaning/closedown duties relating to the staff cafeteria in line with property policy.
* Carry out Kitchen Steward/Wash-up duties in the main kitchen achieving company standards
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health, safety and emergency procedures as laid down by law and by company policy.
To carry out any reasonable request.
To provide exceptional customer service with positive addressing of guest concerns/complaints in line with company policy.
To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to achieve standards required by company policy.
To be committed to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
To be a “sales person” by active promotion of property facilities and company/property specific promotions in order to contribute to overall profitability.
To assist with team member orientation/training within the department as required by company policy.
To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform /dress code as appropriate to position and personal hygiene as required by property and company policy.
To be aware of and comply with company and house rules.
To contribute to energy conservation and ensure safe usage/storage of all materials/equipment/chemicals as per manufacturers’ instructions.
To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
To assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-organized work area in line with property policy.
To adhere to the Property Crisis Communication Plan to ensure that inquiries from the media are responded to by the nominated spokesperson in line with company policy.
To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety with full adherence to security procedures with proper handling of keys/cash as appropriate to the position following procedures laid down by company policy.