Job Position: Maintenance Groundskeeper
- Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
- Employment Type: Seasonal
- Location(s): Hamilton, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Cambridge
- Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Resume submission email address: email@example.com
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience is an asset but consideration is given to those with positive
attitudes and a willingness to learn – we will train you!
• Valid drivers licence/own transportation to our Hamilton yard is required as we are not situated on
any bus routes.
• Personal tools and equipment needed: Steel-toed boots
• Organizational skills and problem solving
appearance of outdoor areas
• You will cut and trim grass with gas powered equipment during the summer and fall. You will
weed, cultivate, edge garden beds, prune shrubs and trees with hand tools during the summer and
• Equipment maintenance and repair is regularly performed. We will train you on this
• You will do fall cleanups of the clients properties in November
• Work settings: Commercial and residential properties
• Equipment used: Pick-up truck and trailer; Riding and walk behind mowers; Line trimmer/edger
and small equipment
• Specific skills: Remove litter and garbage; Cut and trim grass; Rake and collect refuse; Weed,
cultivate, edge garden and tree beds; Pruning of shrubs and trees; Repair and maintain equipment
• Work Conditions: Outdoors; May include wet; Hot; Dry and dusty conditions
• Physical capabilities: Labour intense/physically demanding; Fast-paced; Repetitive; Carrying heavy
loads; Standing for long periods of time; Walking; Bending/crouching and kneeling
We appreciate your interest in Hess Landscaping Ltd, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal
Please note: If you live in the Waterdown area (Hamilton, Cambridge, Burlington, Stoney Creek) and can commute to our Waterdown (Hamilton) yard, we look forward to hearing from you! We are in a rural area and are not on a bus route.
About Our Company:
Each client’s needs and lifestyle choices guide the design process of their landscape. For some it must reflect their love of entertaining, or others the need for peace and harmony. For others, a combination is required to include a busy family life with an area set aside for quiet reflection.
Inspired by his love for nature and his appreciation and respect for architecture, our designer uses materials such as wood, stone, iron and statuary to add style and grace to each project. Incorporation of these adds definition, texture and structure to the landscape.
Hess Landscaping Ltd. is able to oversee and facilitate all aspects of the residential or commercial landscape.
Whatever the clients’ needs, Hess Landscaping Ltd. ably co-ordinates all details, including approval from planning departments and meeting municipal codes, to co-ordinating other contractors, such as pool installation, plumbing and electrical contractors that may be contributing to the landscape project.
Each landscape is carefully designed to flourish and evolve as it becomes part of its surroundings.
The care of the completed landscape is of paramount importance. This is accomplished with regularly scheduled application of care.
At Hess Landscaping Ltd., we are also proud of our maintenance service. Our staff is involved in ongoing horticulture programs. The combination of experience with education allows our maintenance team to give each site the excellent attention it requires.