Job Position: Donations Coordinator/Greeter
- Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Burlington
- Compensation: $14.25 to $18.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Strong organization, decision making, customer service and communication skills.
· Able to work with a sense of urgency, independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
· Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds, frequent bending and carrying.
· Able to stand for extended periods of time.
Education / Work Experience:
· High School Diploma or working towards.
· Previous customer service experience.
· Thrift store or donated goods experience is nice to have but not essential
In accordance with Goodwill’s standards for donor coordinator/customer service, provides outstanding donor service by greeting donors upon arrival as well as the coordination of donated items in-store, at the door, or curbside. In addition, assists the production or retail team with sorting and movement of product as required.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY :
1. Customer / Donor Service.
2. Donation collection, coordination, organization and storage.
3. Other operational duties.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES – (Critical Tasks):
Customer / Donor Service
1. Provides prompt and pleasant service to customers/donors in accordance with Goodwill customer service
2. Assists customers/donors by accepting donated items in-store, at the door and/or curbside. May include
providing assistance with items directly from the donor’s vehicle.
3. Interaction with customers/donors includes immediate assessment of donations, ensuring the donated
items are in-line with Goodwill’s list of acceptable items.
Donation Collection and Storage
1. Utilizing available shelving, delta cages and other equipment, ensures the donation centre interior and
exterior is well organized through appropriate and safe sorting and storage of donated items.
Other Operational Duties
1. Provides assistance to the production and/or retail team sorting and moving product as required or
2. Works in a safe manner with due regard for all procedures related to the health and safety of the location,
reporting any deficiencies to management for immediate resolution.
3. Perform general cleaning duties for donations area as required.
Hours of Operation currently are 10am-6pm. Those hours are subject to change.
Employee discounts, and benefits will be made available.
After one year of service, s/he will be able to participate in the company pension plan.
About Our Company:
Goodwill Amity harnesses the power of work to address the most pressing social, economic and environmental challenges today: we’re a path to income security for individuals and their families; we’re a catalyst for strong and healthy neighbourhoods; we’re a benchmark for sustainability in the retail marketplace. In all these ways, Goodwill Amity is influencing positive, long-lasting transformational change.