Job Position: Marketing Manager
- Application Deadline: 17th February 2023
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton,Hamilton
- Compensation: per year
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
✓ A passion for storytelling and content creation.
✓ Exceptional writing and editing skills.
✓ Strong relationship/Interpersonal skills.
✓ Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook) and in design software including Adobe
✓ Strategic thinker and creative in planning and problem solving.
✓ An organized and flexible approach to managing multiple projects and deadlines.
✓ Strong understanding of major social media platforms and digital tools used in marketing and
✓ Strong knowledge of various software applications used in website and graphic design.
✓ Post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in marketing, and/or communications.
✓ Minimum 4 to 6 years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, or social media
As Marketing Manager with our internationally recognized not-for-profit organization, you will be responsible
for planning, developing, and executing all marketing, promotional, and communications activities for the
organization. This includes writing, multi-media storytelling, design, website content updates, social media,
and promotion through traditional channels.
Given the current support of a third-party marketing firm, this role is being posted as a part-time position
working 4-days a week. However, we will consider candidates who may only be interested if it were full-time
at 5-days per week. The position reports to the President & CEO and is based at our head office in downtown
Hamilton. We will be targeting a start date of April 3, 2023.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO
• Write and design marketing, communication, and promotional materials.
• Ensure impact-focused, multi-media storytelling, through content creation and strategic
repurposing across a variety of digital channels.
• Work in collaboration with members of the senior leadership team, advising on and responding to
requests for marketing support in alignment with the operating plan and budget.
• Direct the activities of a third-party marketing firm, to develop and implement a comprehensive
marketing and communications strategy, annual plan, template development, web development, and
support on major campaigns.
• Produce and/or oversee the production of all external/internal communications including periodic
newsletters, brochures, press releases, flyers, store signage and POS, website content, video
content, radio content, invitations, and the annual report.
Internal Job Posting
Posting end date January 31, 2023
• Design, create posts and write articles for all social media messaging to engage customers, clients,
donors, funders, and other stakeholders.
• Design, create, and manage website content, ensuring alignment with organization strategy and
extended healthcare, dental, vision care, life insurance, travel insurance, LTD, and pension plan.
About Our Company:
Goodwill, the Amity Group (www.goodwillonline.ca) is a leading, not-for-profit, social impact, and human
services organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton and Halton communities. Goodwill lives a
person-centred service philosophy that places clients, employers, and stakeholders at the centre of our
mission, which is changing lives and strengthening communities through the power of work. To deliver that
mission we support individuals in entering or re-entering the workforce and help employers recruit and retain
the staff they need to achieve their operational objectives. In support of our mission we also operate social
enterprises, including two retail thrift stores, donation centres, recycling operations, and Stairways Café &
Catering. Our social enterprises generate proceeds to reinvest in our mission, make us a larger employer,
reflect our environmental commitment, and provide hands-on training and opportunities for job seekers.