Job Position: Job Developer EO UpperGage
- Application Deadline: 14th July 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton,Hamilton
- Compensation: per year
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
As an ideal candidate you recognize the importance of employment in a person’s life. You have a passion for helping and supporting clients in their search for meaningful employment, as well as helping local employers find great employees. Your passion is backed up by:
✓ Sound knowledge of employment counselling and job development.
✓ Expertise in direct marketing or sales techniques.
✓ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
✓ Ability to meet or exceed established job performance and/or program targets.
✓ Ability to work independently yet contribute and collaborate as part of a team.
✓ Sound working knowledge of various software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
✓ Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
✓ Minimum 2 years of related experience in employment or social services.
With the goal of assisting clients in securing and retaining meaningful employment, this position adds tremendous value to our clients and employers by connecting with employers and organizations in our community to develop job opportunities that match the skills, abilities, and interests of our Employment Services clients. Supporting our Employment Ontario programs, one position is based in our Upper Gage Career Centre, while the other is a mobile role with scheduled time in our Hamilton and Halton Career Centre.
Deliverables include but are not limited to:
• Actively recruits employers and other community organizations to collaborate and participate in client job placements and any applicable job programs.
• Stays current with existing or new developments in the local job market, identifying and acting on opportunities and trends.
• Develops professional, consistent, and on-going relationships with employers and other relevant organizations throughout the community, with regular contact and follow-up.
• Advises and informs employers about the Canada Ontario Job Grants program (COJG), completing program approval applications as required.
• Develops job identification strategies, as well as directly markets and introduces clients to employers.
• Continually reviews client skills and experience and contacts employers with potential job vacancies or opportunities that matches client abilities.
• Negotiates wage subsidy agreements and terms and conditions with employers as required.
• Works closely with the client and the Career Development Specialist (CDS) to support and assist the client in developing, improving, and implementing successful job search and retention strategies.
• As a full-time position the work week consists of 5 days per week with 37.5 to 40 hours.
• The candidate must have the flexibility to work days, with some evenings and weekends.
• A valid Driver’s license and full time access to a vehicle is required.
• This is a salaried position with a benefits package including health-care, dental, and vision care.
• This position requires periodic visitations to employer partners and other organizations. As these sites may have mandatory COVID vaccination policies, it is a requirement for this role to be fully vaccinated (2-Doses)
• The successful candidate will be required to have a Criminal Records Check completed at the Vulnerable Sector level. (Internal candidates may already have this on-file).
Interested Individuals are asked to submit a current Resume and Cover Letter quoting – JD–UG or JD Ham/Halton
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If you are contacted by
Goodwill, The Amity Group regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation
and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements
About Our Company:
Goodwill, The Amity Group strives to be an inclusive and safe space for all, and to accurately reflect the diversity of the various stakeholders that we serve. We strongly encourage expressions of interest from people who are members of marginalized and/or underserved/underrepresented communities, especially individuals who identify with: First Nations, Metis, or Inuit, or people of colour; diverse gender and sexual identities (including LGBTQ2+); people with disability