Job Position: CSJ Employment Outreach Counsellor(UpperGage)
- Application Deadline: 3rd June 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton
- Compensation: $15.25 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Be between 15 and 30 years old
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a refugee
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/federal legislation.
• Not be receiving Employment Insurance benefits while working.
• Not be an immediate family member of a Goodwill location manager or SLT member.
• Post-secondary education, experience in Social Work/Social Services field preferred.
• Experience and/or interest in case management, employment counselling.
• Experience and/or interest in working with persons with disabilities or employment disadvantages.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-directed, flexible, organized, able to work effectively as a team member.
• Basic word processing and computer skills.
• Must be willing to complete a criminal reference check
• May maintain written client records including any significant factors and occurrences.
• Conduct client orientation.
• Assist Career Development Specialist in monitoring client attendance and work behaviours.
• Assist in providing case management services; client goal planning, identifying and accessing appropriate services.
• Counsel clients to assist them in achieving their goals.
• Support clients with employment related activities at on-site employment resource centre.
• Liaise with community professionals and make community presentations as required.
• Attend staff meetings, seminars and workshops, as required.
• Takes responsibility for understanding and addressing safety issues for the job and equipment operated.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
LOCATION: 1050 Upper Gage Ave., Unit 4, Hamilton, Ontario
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 6, 2022
No phone calls please. We thank all those who apply, but only those who are considered for the position will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations
About Our Company:
Goodwill, The Amity Group strives to be an inclusive and safe space for all, and to accurately reflect the diversity of the various stakeholders that we serve. We strongly encourage expressions of interest from people who are members of equally deserving and/or underserved/underrepresented communities, especially individuals who identify with: First Nations, Metis, or Inuit, or people of colour; diverse gender and sexual identities (including LGBTQ2+); people living with disability.