This 29th November 2022 you have the power to change lives with your donations.
Giving Tuesday’s focus is to encourage and amplify small acts of kindness. Across Canada and around the world, this effort unites communities by sharing our capacity to care for and empower one another.
Let’s give jobs-seekers in need a “hand up” this Giving Tuesday by raising $5,000 to remove barriers so they can participate in work.
While there are plenty of job openings right now, not everyone in our community can access them due to barriers like mental health, poverty, lack of experience, disabilities, immigration, racial discrimination and or childcare responsibilities.
Your donation can remove barriers to employment
- $25 towards haircut, emergency food and personal supplies
- $75 to cover transportation costs while waiting for their first pay cheque to arrive
- $100 towards the purchase of work boots or scrubs so they can start a job in construction or healthcare
- $250 to receive mental health support to successfully start and keep working
- $500 to support training programs, paid work placements and certificate fees
Have a question? Contact us!
If you have any questions or comments about making a donation please contact:
Director Community Engagements and Partnerships
905-526-8482, ext. 2247