Job Position: Catering Associate
- Application Deadline: 16th October 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Burlington
- Compensation: per hour
Compensation to be determined based on experience
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Experience working with bread slicers, weight scales, ovens is an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the organization.
• Strong customer service skills are required.
• Works well under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
• Receives orders from Catering customers over the telephone or in person.
• Advises and assists customers in the selection and suitability of food for various corporate and personal functions.
• Prepares catering orders as ordered by customers.
• Arranges for suitable delivery of catering orders as required.
• Prepares billings of Catering events and ensures that they are rung through at cash prior to delivery.
• Follows up with Catering customers afterwards to get feedback on the customer satisfaction level.
• Prepares “HMR” (Home Meal Replacement) products including: prepping ingredients, cooking, packaging, labelling, and shelving items.
• Monitors HMR products on the floor are rotated and replenished as necessary.
• Monitor quality of products and report any concerns to the Catering Department Head.
• May assist with Curbside orders.
• Other duties as directed by Store Management
Essential Job Functions
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
• Bend and lift loads, up to 50 pounds.
• Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Flexible work schedules, posted 2 weeks in advance
Associate training focused on developing practical skills
Employee Recognition Program
Career advancement opportunities
20% Staff discount across all locations
50% Staff discount at our Bistro/ Bitehaus
Immediate health, vision and dental benefits upon hire
Employee Assistance Program
Access to 24/7 virtual health care
Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)