Job Position: Church Custodian
- Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
- Employment Type: Part time
- Location(s): Hamilton
- Compensation: $15.25 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Motivation to work independently and capacity to work as part of a ministry team
• Previous custodial experience or training may be required.
• Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push, pull, bend and climb ladder.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with strong communication and comprehension skills.
• Flexibility to adjust schedule to suit the needs of the church (ie. weddings, funerals)
• Able to provide and pass a Police and Vulnerable Sector check and proof of double COVID 19 vaccination.
As part of the Ministry Team, the Custodian is responsible to:
Ensure that all publicly accessible areas and offices of the church are clean and ready for staff members, congregation, visitors and others who use the facilities. Work in such a way that supports the mission and vision of the church and respects the religious and cultural beliefs of others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete weekly duties and daily spot cleaning that includes bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, meeting rooms as well as staff offices.
• Observe proper chemical handling and safety procedures when working with cleaning agents.
• Empty all garbage, recycling & green waste containers and puts garbage out on Garbage night.
• Clean inside and exterior doors and windows (within reach) Spring and Fall and as needed.
• Clear entrance sidewalks of ice and snow when needed
• Pick up any stray garbage on outside church property.
• Lock church doors and sets alarm when leaving. If another group is still using the church at departure time, remind the group leader to lock doors and set the alarm.
• Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment. Inform head of Property Committee when new supplies are needed.
• Responsible for materials and equipment at his/her disposal and their upkeep. Reports any problems/difficulties to the Chair of the Property committee or M&P committee.
Working at 8.5 Hours per week – Days of week and Hours/day to be determined. Salary: $15.25 / hr.
About Our Company:
Delta United Church is a community of faith, hope and support for all who enter.
We believe that all people are beloved children of God. We value the rich diversity of people of all: ages, races, cultures, gender identities, economic circumstances, abilities, beliefs, sexual orientation, or any other difference that has led to exclusion, marginalization, or oppression within the church and society.
As people loved by God and as followers of Jesus, we publicly declare our intention to create a safe space for everyone to participate in the membership, ministry, leadership and life of our congregation. As Spirit-led people we pray for God’s guidance as we continue to work for reconciliation and justice for all persons in church and society.