Job Position: Sunday School Administrator
- Application Deadline: 30th September 2021
- Employment Type: Part time
- Location(s): Hamilton
- Compensation: $24.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Capacity to work as part of a ministry team.
• A diploma/degree in Christian Education or related field OR equivalent education and experience to perform the duties of the Administrator.
• United Church background is preferred but not essential.
• Competent use of basic office equipment (ie: printer, copier).
• Able to pass a Police and Vulnerable Sector check and provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination.
As part of the Ministry Team, the Sunday School Administrator is responsible to:
• In collaboration with the Minister select an appropriate curriculum which reflects the beliefs and values of the United Church of Canada
• Prepare and implement weekly lessons, including time for creative expression through use of art materials, games/activities etc.
• Ensure time to prepare the classroom and activities before church and enlist the children to participate in cleaning and tidying the room at the end of the session.
• Greet the children as they enter the sanctuary. As appropriate, provide the parents with feedback as to their child’s involvement/participation in the lesson and activities.
• As requested, assist the Minister with Children’s Time in the sanctuary. At the conclusion of Children’s Time accompany the children to the Sunday School classroom for their lesson.
• Update the Bulletin Board outside the Sunday School room on a regular basis with Sunday School related items.
• Attend Worship and Christian Education Committee meetings as necessary.
Working (Sept 1 – June 30) at 4 Hours per week – 2 hours on Sunday and 2 flexible during the work for preparation. Salary: $24.00 /hr.
About Our Company:
Delta United Church is a community of faith, hope and support for all who enter.
We believe that all people are beloved children of God. We value the rich diversity of people of all: ages, races, cultures, gender identities, economic circumstances, abilities, beliefs, sexual orientation, or any other difference that has led to exclusion, marginalization, or oppression within the church and society.
As people loved by God and as followers of Jesus, we publicly declare our intention to create a safe space for everyone to participate in the membership, ministry, leadership and life of our congregation. As Spirit-led people we pray for God’s guidance as we continue to work for reconciliation and justice for all persons in church and society.