Most newcomers to Canada come with extensive job experience and skills.
However, finding work in their field is difficult and they are forced to take on other lower paying jobs to make ends meet. Your donation will support programs that offer skills training, certification, hands on experience and employer connections so they can start a career in a growing industry.
You can remove barriers to employment for newcomers today with a gift to Goodwill Amity.
Let’s give jobs-seekers in need a “hand up” this December by raising $5,000 to remove barriers so they can participate in work.
Your donation will provide immediate support to those in need, so they can get the job they want.
While there are plenty of job openings right now, not everyone in our community can access them due to barriers like mental health, poverty, lack of experience, disabilities, immigration, racial discrimination and or childcare responsibilities.
Your donation can remove barriers to employment
- $25 towards haircut, emergency food and personal supplies
- $75 to cover transportation costs while waiting for their first pay cheque to arrive
- $100 towards the purchase of work boots or scrubs so they can start a job in construction or healthcare
- $250 to receive mental health support to successfully start and keep working
- $500 to support training programs, paid work placements and certificate fees