Job Position: Truck & Coach Technician
- Application Deadline: 10th April 2023
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Hamilton,Hamilton
- Compensation: $35.90 to $39.89 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
I. Must have and maintain a valid Ontario Truck and Coach TechniciansLicense (31OT).
2. Capable , knowledgeable and current in all aspects (safe practices me asuring, shop tools/equipment, major components, etc.) of 310T Qualifications.
Reports to the General Repair Shift Foreperson. Service, repair, overhaul , inspect and diagnosis of diesel, hybrid diesel and CNG buses in an efficient and effective manner with a high degree of quality to reduce or eliminate premature wear, service calls, in-service failures and provide maximum service dependability.
Perform preventative maintenance and safety inspections in accordance with company standards/ policies/guidelines and MTO standards.
Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Transit vehicles and equipment using OEM software that would include but not limited to; Cummins lnsite, Allison DOC, Meritor, Bendix, Voith and Vansco.
Inspect, diagnose, repair, remove, and install:
• engines, transmissions, differentials, and other assemblies
• steering components, brake components and suspension systems
• ignition, charging systems, instruments , wiring and other electrical and electronic systems and equipment
• fuel systems
• air conditioning systems
• hydraulic systems, components and controls
• pneumatic systems, componentsand controls
Disassemble, repair, rebuild, and reassemble major drive/power train components, such as engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, axles, steering, etc.
Operate personal and shop tools such as, but not limited to: hoists, cranes, air tools, power tools, saws, presses and torches etc.
Perform on-road service and repairs or vehicle retrieval as necessary.
Record, enter, and review data as directed to provide accurate and timely vehicle repair information.
Works in accordance with the provisions of applicable Health and Safety legislation and all City of Hamilton corporate and departmental policies and procedures related to Occupational Health and Safety.
Performs other duties as assigned which are directly related to the major responsibilities of the job