Job Position: Junior Planning Engineer
- Application Deadline: 10th July 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Mississauga
- Compensation: $28.00 to $32.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This position will work closely with Engineering, Quality, Finance, Production, and Maintenance to ensure that both purchased and manufactured items and services are delivered on time with the best quality and cost.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent working experience.
• Minimum 2 years hands-on experience working in a shop environment or working very closely with shop personnel.
• Proficient in office 365.
• Must be able to read mechanical drawings.
• Strong knowledge in manufacturing and special processes. This includes basic knowledge in milling, turning, shaping, inspection processes, heat treatment, and finishing processes (NDT, passivation, CAD, chrome, anodize, chemical coatings, prime and paint, dry film lubricants, etc.).
Ownership of the quoting process means:
• Identify potential bid and quote opportunities and present high-level feasibility plans to management for pursual.
• Once an opportunity is identified, collect all internal and external costs and compile a work-breakdown structure (WBS) which outlines all the costs required to perform on the opportunity.
• Ensures that all customer quote requirements such as contractual terms and conditions, drawings, engineering reports, manufacturing plans, inspection plans, and others are clearly understood, outlined, and considered in cost breakdown sheets.
• Ensures assembly of accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for sign-off and hand over to Program Mangers.
• Ensures navigation of online databases with the goal of identifying potential leads/opportunities. Research new pre-qualification opportunities and preparation of pre-qualifications packages.
• Ensures that all requests for quotes for materials and outside processing are submitted, followed, and collected in a timely manner. Organize sub-contractor’s quotations, negotiate with vendors to get better pricing, and use the best prices to prepare the cost breakdown.
• Ensures that planning for the methods of manufacture, sequence of operations, processing, selecting suppliers, lead times are best chosen to maximize the percentage of winning the quotes.
• Prepares detailed feasibility studies, cost breakdowns, and analysis for the manufacture of mechanical parts, assemblies, and providing services as directed by the Vice President of Sales.
• Performing initial contract reviews and acceptance of contracts.
• Entering new contracts into the Order Entry process.
• Always maintaining the master list of all contracts in the system so it is always up to date and current.
• Provide weekly reports on the above and or ongoing projects or work.
• Maintains master production schedule for all new and changing jobs.
• Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
• Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, and the production plan.
• Establish, measure, monitor, and adjust capacity levels to execute all manufacturing schedules.
• Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
Avion Technologies thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Avion Technologies is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. Avion Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted
About Our Company:
Quality is the backbone of our ability to produce parts and provide services that exceed our customers’ expectations! We are committed to continuous improvement of our business processes and take the health and safety of our employees very seriously.