Job Position: Qc Inspector
- Application Deadline: 10th July 2022
- Employment Type: Full time
- Location(s): Mississauga
- Compensation: $26.00 to $32.00 per hour
- How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Five (5) years minimum experience inspecting metal parts, preferably for the aerospace industry, is an asset.
• Experience in measuring gear profiles will be an asset.
• College diplomas or university degrees in engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, or other related fields to the industry.
• Candidates with certificates for quality inspection, quality control engineering, calibration techniques, or calibration auditing can also qualify for the position.
• Must have strong and confident ability to use measuring devices such as micrometers, height gages, shadow graphs/profile projectors, bore gages, etc.
• Experience in operation and programming of CMM Is preferred.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. Must have strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Must have advanced computer skills in MS Office products (Word/Excel), internet, email and using digital cameras and inserting pictures into reports etc.
• AS9100 and Controlled Goods Registered facility – all employees must pass security assessments which include a police records check.
• Thorough understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques
• Physical stamina to stand for lengthy periods of time and the ability to use specialized tools and machinery to test products
• Excellent math and computer skills necessary for measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications
• Intelligence to assess and identify damaged parts and products during the manufacturing process
• In-depth understanding to interpret blueprints, technical documents, and manuals to ensure that products meet the standards
• Keen eye for details, thoroughness, and accuracy while performing a task
• Problem-solving mentality and a results-driven approach
• Record and document measured dimensions of parts. Verify manufactured products conform to all customer specific requirements outlined in drawings, traveler, etc.
• Responsible for reviewing products and materials during manufacturing to make sure they meet company requirements.
• Measuring objects compared to their intended physical specifications, running quality tests, and identifying defects.
• Compile first-off inspection reports.
• Perform and compile First Article Inspection Reports for new products.
• Perform and compile Final Inspection reports for final certification and shipment of product to customer.
• Performing routine quality assessments on incoming materials and outgoing services and products
• Looking through plans, blueprints, and specifications to understand the design requirements of products
• Measuring product dimensions, examining the functionality of products, and comparing the final products to see if standards are met
• Recommending product improvements and changes to the production processes to improve quality
• Documenting inspection findings, and completing detailed reports and performance records
• Educating the production team on quality control processes, concerns, and standards of product quality
• Keeping their job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
• Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment by complying with legal regulations
• Use of metrology equipment – micrometers, height gages, profile projectors, functional gages, CMM, etc. – is required.
• Perform calibration checks on lab instruments.
• Provide leadership and organization in QC department with junior inspection personnel.
We believe in what we’re doing, and it has purpose and meaning.
Employees’ work is recognized and appreciated.
We have mentors who take the encouraging and guidance approach.
Avion Technologies thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Avion Technologies is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. Avion Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
About Our Company:
Quality is the backbone of our ability to produce parts and provide services that exceed our customers’ expectations! We are committed to continuous improvement of our business processes and take the health and safety of our employees very seriously.